Crafting doesn’t always come easily. Some of us have to dig down deep to help bring out our crafty personas.
It may be intimidating to even attempt certain crafts. But with the holidays slowly approaching, it can be a lifesaver on your wallet and even help to ease some stressors in your everyday life.
At Bonnie Harms Designs, we know crafts. That’s why we would like to share a few pointers with you to bring out that inner crafter. Relax, take a breath, and follow these simple rules to bring some holiday cheer into your life:
1. Starting with the basics, getting ahead is the best thing to do when it comes to finishing projects in a timely manner. Waiting until the last moment to start or complete a DIY project is only going to cause you stress and frustration. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple minutes each day piecing together your craft.
2. Create with a positive attitude and understand that you may make a mistake. The truth is that your DIY project is not ALWAYS going to mirror the expected outcome. It’s OK. This is why you set aside enough time to attempt your project several times if need be. You’ll want your first time to be a good experience and not feel rushed.
3. Start small. You need to ease your way into crafting, just as one eases their way into anything foreign.
4. Getting inspired can be challenging but there is always something (or someone) that can help us to brainstorm. If you have a family, get them involved in the fun. Or why not get together with your closest friends over some crafts and wine for some excellent bonding time. Crafting brings people together and that in itself can be enough to get your juices flowing and ideas going.
If you just can’t get some rain out of that brainstorm, then consider the following ideas to get things rolling.
1. Real Simple has some amazing ideas on how to decorate everyone’s favorite autumn decor item - pumpkins. If you’re not much into carving but would still like to create some very cute pumpkin decorations for your home, then this is definitely the spot to check out. You’ll find everything from plaid to metallic and more.
2. Autumn has so much to offer and pumpkins aren’t the only item that defines the season. Why not integrate as much as you possibly can while the season is still fresh. Check out these amazing DIY projects that make for great decorations, either for the home or office.
At Bonnie Harms Designs, you can choose from a wide selection of wreaths to adorn your home with this holiday season. You can contact us today at 956-655-2935 and we will work with you to create your one-of-a-kind item.
Enjoy this autumn season, and remember, starting small can lead to bigger and better things.
Happy fall season!